The club formed in 1930, has used the Worthing Borough Council owned green and clubhouse since that time. Mr. George Stracey convened the first meeting of Marine Gardens Bowling Club in October 1930 and was appointed the Club's first Captain in 1931.
He designed the club badge, however, very shortly afterwards, it was thought that the "brown" crown was not bright enough and was replaced with golden thread.
Mr. George Stracey also donated the Stracey Shield in 1931, creating competition and keen rivalry between local bowling clubs playing on the greens within the Borough of Worthing. The Stracey Shield is still competed for today.