The Club Coaches.
Members of the English Bowls Coaches Society (EBCS)
Hold Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificates.
We are pleased to offer the following services.
1) Taster sessions - For people who have never played bowls / not played for ages and would like to give it a go.
We will schedule a free 1-hour taster session; all equipment provided and no obligation to join the club.
Just an opportunity to learn the very basics and have fun on the green.
2) New player tuition - For new members to the club who haven’t played before; or not played for several years.
We provide a comprehensive programme of 4 x 90-minute sessions starting with how to hold a bowl and progressing
to different formats of play, etiquette, and basic knowledge of the laws. We can add extra sessions if needed.
The tuition is designed to be informative but also very enjoyable. Most of the time is spent bowling and where possible
experienced members come along to help with playing pairs or triples. An excellent way to meet new team-mates and
3) Delivery clinic - No matter how much we play / practise little glitches creep into our game. The answer can be
a delivery clinic. We will listen to your concerns and focus on what you want to address.
4) Video coaching – Only with your agreement, we can video you bowling and use it to identify any
problems / areas to work on. Recordings are deleted immediately at the end of each session.
5) Marking & measuring – both topics are covered in the new player tuition, but merit greater attention,
so where numbers warrant, we run a 1-off session for circa 10-12 people. Usually aimed at inexperienced
players but all are welcome.”